Roasted Carrots with Toasted Pistachio Herb & Yogurt Dill Sauce
Roasted Carrots with Toasted Pistachio Herb & Yogurt Dill Sauce is a holiday favourite & makes for a perfect, easy and healthy side dish!
These carrots are roasted until caramelized. They are drizzled with the pistachio herb & yogurt sauce to create the the most flavourful, crunchy and refreshing side dish.
Carrots: Nutrition Facts
Carrots contain beta-carotene, lutein & lycopene which all have antioxidant properties that fight against diseases. These vegetables can help keep our eyes and skin healthy, since beta-carotene is converted to Vitamin A in our bodies. Carrots are also a good source of fibre as well as folate.
Health Benefits of Pistachios
1 ounce (28 grams) of pistachios provide a little less than 160 calories, 6 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber. The amount of protein & fiber in pistachios is equivalent to the amount in 1 ounce of almonds.
Research suggests that pistachio consumption is linked to improved heart health, in particular HDL cholesterol. Pistachios are a rich source of healthy monounsaturated fats. They also contain antioxidant and disease fighting properties, namely lutein, beta-carotene and Vitamin E. These healthy nuts are also a high source of the B vitamins.
Serves 4 (side dish)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 3 lbs carrots, peeled, trimmed and washed ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 3 tbsp of olive oil ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Salt & Pepper to taste ⠀⠀⠀⠀
Yogurt dill sauce:
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt ⠀⠀⠀
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 tbsp dried dill
- 1 tsp of honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Place carrots in a single layer on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Add olive oil as well as salt and pepper. Toss to coat well. Roast for approximately 35 minutes until tender and caramelized, tossing halfway.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. In the meantime, add chopped pistachios and sesame seeds to a saucepan and toast for 2-3 minutes on medium-low heat on stove. Add chopped parsley & toss. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3. For yogurt sauce, add all ingredients to a small bowl and mix well. ⠀⠀⠀⠀
4. Remove carrots from the oven, and add to serving plate. Sprinkle with toasted pistachio, sesame and parsley mix. Enjoy warm with yogurt dill sauce on the side! :)⠀⠀